*Dairy Free* *Vegan* *Gluten Free*
This is a great Fall dish! You can also use pumpkin instead of the butternut squash or a combo of the two. I always serve it on Thanksgiving. You can cube the squash a day or two ahead of time, put in a zip lock bag, and store in refrigerator overnight.
This dish is elegant enough to serve at a dinner party and easy enough to make for a weeknight meal.
Roasted Butternut Squash with Spinach
or a combo of the two. I always serve it on Thanksgiving. You can cube the
squash a day or two ahead of time, put in a zip lock bag, and store in refrigerator
Dairy Free Vegan Gluten Free
- 1 Medium Sized Butternut Squash Cut into cubes.Wash and peel or cut away any
brown spots or peel that doesn’t look good. It will be easier to cut if you put in
microwave for a few minutes. Discard seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 1 Large Handful Spinach Washed, pat dry
- 1 Handful Craisins
- 1 1/2 cup Pumpkin Seeds Pecans
- 1 To Taste Salt and Pepper
- 1. Toss Butternut Squash with olive oil and black pepper. Roast on 425
degrees until fork tender.
2. While squash is cooking, wash greens, towel dry and cut into bite sized
pieces. Lay on bottom of serving bowl.
3. When squash is done, put in bowl with greens. Add Craisins, nuts and
drizzle with olive oil. Adjust seasonings if needed. Toss and serve warm.
You can also drizzle with maple syrup for a sweeter taste.