I’ve modified my grandmother’s recipe for the traditional Italian cookie so that it’s dairy and gluten free. These are a must have cookie for my family and me at Christmas, although you could certainly eat anytime of the year. You will need a Pizzelle maker to create these cookies.
3 eggs beaten (or equivalent egg substitute)
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup coconut oil
1 ½ cup Flour (I use gluten free equivalent)
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 tablespoons anisette
1 teaspoon anise seed
Add ingredients in order listed, mixing well after each addition. Spoon batter into middle of each section in pizzelle maker and cook allotted time per pizzelle iron directions.. Makes 2 dozen.
@copyright DairyFreeGina, 2018. Please do not reproduce or put recipe into print form without written permission from DairyFreeGina
What’s your family’s favorite cookie? Share in our Comments section
- Pizzelle Maker
- 3 3 eggs beaten (or equivalent egg substitute)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 Tablespoons Ansiette
- 1 teaspoon anise seed
- Add ingredients in order listed, mixing well after each addition.
- Spoon batter into middle of each section in pizzelle maker and cook the allotted time per as pizzelle iron directions..
Makes 2 dozen.