3 Bean Pasta Salad
This is a delicious and satisfying pasta dish, perfect for a weeknight summer meal, picnic or summer gathering. I use a gluten free , spiral shaped pasta but any shape or pasta will work if you have no dietary issues.
- 1 package Pasta (I use Banza which is gluten free)
- 3/4 pound Green beans, trimmed and cut into thirds (you could also use frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Agave
- 1/3 Cup Red wine vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Can Pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Can 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 4 Sallions (white parts only), thinly sliced
- 5 stalks Celery, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta 3 minutes less than package instructions. Add green beans and cook 3 minutes more. Drain and rinse with cold water.
In a medium bowl, whisk mustard, vinegar, agave , and oil. Add pasta , green beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, scallions, and celery; toss gently. Season with salt and pepper. Serve cold or at room temperature