This is a vegan take on the classic Nicoise Salad. Add tofu to add protein. Or, if you prefer, you can add tuna fish, hard boiled eggs or anything else you’d like because you are making it your way! Enjoy!
Servings: 4 people
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chopped OR 1 bag mixed salad greens or salad greens of your choosing,
- 1/2 bag arugula, washed and dried
- 1 cup black olives Add more if desired
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 handful sugar snap peas
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinse and drained -- or beans of your choosing.
- handful fresh Herbs of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 potatoes, sliced very thinly and boiled in salted water until just fork tender
- 2 cups green beans, steamed
- Dressing : ½ tablespoon finely minced shallot or scallion, ½ tablespoon Dijon Style mustard (check to make sure it is dairy free. Some mustards contain milk), 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 tablespoon wine vinegar, 1/3 to ½ cup extra virgin olive oil ,Salt and pepper to taste, fresh herbs