Hold the Mayo Potato Salad
Hold the Mayo Potato Salad is a healthy twist on the traditional mayo based one. It's perfect on a hot summer day since it is mayo-less and it's super easy to make and can even be made a day in advance!
- 1 pound baby, small red potatoes, wash and remove any dark spots. You can peel the potatoes but I don't
- 4 stalks celery, washed and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- handful fresh chives and garden herbs, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (make sure it is dairy free as some mustards use dairy)
- 2-1 ratio extra virgin olive oil to red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Wash potatoes and peel any odd spots or black spots. Cut in half. Put potatoes in large pot of cold water with couple shakes of salt and boil until done. Drain.
While potatoes are cooking make dressing by whisking together mustard, olive oil vinegar, herbs, black pepper. While potatoes are still warm, add dressing to potatoes, along with remaining ingredients. Toss, serve warm or at room temperature.