Dairy Free, Vegan, Gluten Free
This recipe is a take on the popular Buffalo Wings. Instead of using chicken wings, I’m making this party favorite with cauliflower! Same great taste as chicken wings except healthier for you and vegan too!
1 1/2 cups dairy-free milk (unsweetened- I like to use coconut)
1 cup gluten free flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 1/2 cups Franks Red Hot Sauce (or hot sauce of your choice)
1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 large head of cauliflower , cut into bite-sized pieces
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray it with cooking spray( make sure it’s dairy-free).
3. Add the dairy free milk to a medium sized bowl. Put the cauliflower florets into the milk. Let the cauliflower sit in the milk, refrigerated, for approximately one hour to soak into the cauliflower and coat it. The longer the cauliflower can soak the better.
4. On a plate, add the flour and seasonings and blend together. Take each cauliflower floret and dip into the flour mixture shaking off excess, and place on baking tray. Repeat this until the process is completed and all cauliflower has been dredged in the flower mixture. Bake for about 20 minutes, flipping the cauliflower bites about halfway through the cooking process.
5. While the cauliflower is cooking, melt your coconut oil so that it is in a liquid form. Whisk the oil into the hot sauce. When cauliflower has baked for 20 minutes, remove it from the oven and dip each piece individually into the hot sauce mixture. Place back onto the baking sheet and bake for another 25 minutes flipping halfway through. Serve warm.
What’s your favorite party food? Share in our Comments Section!