Dairy Free Vegan Gluten Free
Mushrooms are the main ingredient in Shroom Soup.
Mushrooms are an amazing food source and studies show contain many health benefits, including boosting immunity. Mushrooms contain antioxidants which can help protect the body from damaging free radicals that can cause heart disease and cancer.
Mushrooms contain protein, fiber, B vitamins as well as a powerful antioxidant called selenium, which supports the immune system and prevents damage to cells and tissues.
Just like people, mushrooms produce vitamin D when exposed to the sun. Portobello mushrooms have about 400 IU of vitamin D.
Mushrooms are high in calcium which helps keep bones strong and copper which produces collagen used to build connective tissue, bones and joints
Below is a delicious soup rich in flavor and mushroom benefits. I like to use a variety of mushrooms when making this soup, but you could also stick to just your favorite type.
1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, washed, stemmed and sliced. Keep the stems to make stock.
1 T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Small red onion, diced
1 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
6 cloves garlic, grated or chopped small
1-2 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos
6 cups vegetable stock or water
1/4 cup white wine (choose wine that you would actually drink)
Juice of one lemon
Salt and Pepper to taste
Red Pepper flakes to taste
1/2 Tablespoon all purpose seasoning
Chopped Parsley to garnish (optional)
Tops of green onions to garnish (optional)
Rice noodles, (optional)
1 Add olive oil, onion and garlic to pot and saute until softened. Add ginger and saute another 5 minutes .
2. Add mushrooms, saute another 5 minutes
3. Add remaining ingredients and simmer on medium to low heat for at least one hour. Serve garnished with parsley and/or onion tops. You can also add 8 oz cooked rice noodles to the soup to make it extra hearty. If you are doing this, cook the rice noodles first and add to pot before serving. Cubed tofu is another option to add to this soup for a boost of protein
Are you a mushroom fan? Tell us in the comments section how you like to use mushrooms in recipes.
- 1.5 pounds Mushrooms, stemmed, cleaned Use a variety of mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cup White wine
- 1 small Onion, Chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic, grated or chopped small
- 8 oz Rice Noodles
- 1 tbsp Ginger, grated
- 1 Juice One Lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- 1 Handful Parsley , Chopped – optional as garnish
- 1 Block Tofu, chopped into cubes
- 6 Cups Stock or water
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 Tablespoon All purpose seasoning
- Add olive oil, onion and garlic to pot and saute until softened.
Add garlic and ginger and saute for another 5 minutes
- Add mushrooms, saute another 5 minutes
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer on medium to low heat for at least one hour. Serve garnished with parsley . You can also add 8 oz cooked rice noodles to the soup to make it extra hearty. If you are doing this cook the rice noodles first and add to pot before serving. Cubed tofu is another option to add to this soupCopyright @DairyFreeGina . Please do not reproduce or publish without the written permission of DairyFreeGina