Dairy Free Vegan Gluten Free
This is my friend Marina’s famous salad. I serve it every year at Easter. It is also a great dish for a party
or potluck. Make it a day ahead so the flavors can meld. I’ve modified this recipe to make it gluten free by using a gluten free orzo. This salad is naturally dairy free.
Salad can be made a day ahead and, in fact, will be more flavorful as the flavors would have had time to meld .
1 cup cooked wild rice
1 cup cooked gluten free orzo
½ cup each red and green peppers, diced
½ cup pitted black olives, sliced
1/3 cup sundried tomatoes – I prefer using sundried tomatoes NOT soaked in oil
2 tbsp drained capers (rinse these several times to remove the salt)
- Combine all of the above in a large mixing bowl.
2. To make the dressing, in a separate jar combine the following:
½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp fresh, chopped basil
2 tbsp chopped scallions
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp black pepper, salt (optional)to taste
3. Toss salad with dressing to taste. Refrigerate any leftover dressing and use within a week.
Have you tried orzo? What’s your favorite way to eat it? As a pasta with sauce, in soup , salad? Share in the comments section
Like this recipe? Share i with friends vvia email andnsocial media andfindmore yummy recieps at http://www.dairyfreegina.com
@DairyFreeGina please do not publish or reproduce recipes or phots without the wiritten permission of DairyFreeGina
Wild Rice and Orzo Salad
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1 cup gluten free orzo, cooked
- 1/2 cup red and green peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, sliced
- 1/3 cup sundried tomatoes – I prefer using sundried toatoes NOT soaked in oil
- 2 tbsp capers , drained (rinse these several times to remove the salt)
- Combine all of the above in a large mixing bowl
- To make the dressing, in a separate jar combine the following:½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil1/3 cup balsamic vinegar2 tbsp fresh, chopped basil2 tbsp chopped scallions2 cloves minced garlic1 tsp black pepper, salt (optional)to taste
- Toss dressing with salad. refrigerate any unsued dressing . Keeps for a week.