If you follow me on Twitter you know I’ve been like a broken record urging everyone to call Senators to VOTE NO on the Graham Cassidy Healthcare Bill. This bill is meant to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act (ACA ). As a Food Allergy and Wellness Advocate, I can’t sit by and watch Congress take away Healthcare from millions of Americans and dismantle 1/6 of the economy.
The Senate votes this Tuesday and only needs 50 votes to pass. Only Senator John McCain is a definite NO. The below Senators are undecided:
Susan Collins –Maine, 202-224-2523
Lisa Murkowski –Alaska,202-224-6665
Rand Paul– Kentucky, 202-224-4343
Mike Lee – Utah – 202-224-5444
It is crucial you call these senators, even if you don’t live in their states.
Here are the top reasons for Senators to VOTE NO ON GRAHAM CASSIDY :
1. NO COVERAGE FOR PRE-EXISTING CONDITIONS -Under Graham Cassidy, conditions such as food allergies, asthma, diabetes, arthritis, Celiac, cancer even pregnancy and so many more, will all be considered pre-existing conditions. There are no protections or guarantees for people with pre-existing conditions in this bill – meaning insurance companies don’t have to cover you. The ACA bans discriminating against people for pre-existing conditions.
2. MILLIONS LOSE COVERAGE- Under the ACA nearly 20 million people gained health insurance. Studies indicate up to 32 million losing health insurance under Graham Cassidy
3. ESSENTIAL HEALTH BENEFITS ELIMINATED- Th ACA requires insurers cover 10 “essential health benefits,” including maternity care, mental health,emergency care, children’s health. Graham Cassidy eliminates this .
4. CAPS ON COVERAGE -Graham Cassidy will allow insurance companies to put a limit on what they will pay for a person’s healthcare over that person’s lifetime – meaning you will pay more out-of-pocket. The ACA bans this.
5. GRAHAM CASSIDY DESTROYS MEDICAID – Countless numbers of children and senior citizens depend on Medicaid for healthcare and this bill will wipe away Medicare funding from States. All 50 state Medicaid directors oppose Graham Cassidy
6. HEALTHCARE EXPERTS OPPOSE GRAHAM CASSIDY -Major medical associations and doctors across the country are against Grand Cassidy. From the American Heart Association, American Diabetes Association, Multiple Sclerosis Society ,American Cancer Society and the Cleveland Clinic– just to name a few-all say this bill is BAD for America’s health.
7. GRAHAM CASSIDY KILLS JOBS –The bill will destroy jobs. Graham Cassidy will shut down rural hospitals, nursing homes and other agencies. This will leave countless numbers without Healthcare and a job and disrupt 1/6th of the U.S. economy
8. ACCESS DOES NOT MEAN CARE – Under Graham Cassidy,you may have coverage but after deductibles and costs you won’t be able to afford care. The ACA bridges the gap between access and care.
9. INSURANCE COMPANIES OPPOSE GRAHAM CASSIDY- Blue Cross and Kaiser Permanente are against this bill. You know when an insurance company, which never wants to pay out, is against something it’s really not good.
10. GRAHAM CASSIDY VIOLATES REGULAR ORDER – Generally for bills to get passed into law, Congress meets in bi-partisan Committees and hold hearings made up of industry experts. This is not happening with Graham Cassidy. And the
non-partisan Congressional Budget Office (CBO)has not been given the needed time to fully score and evaluate the economic impact of the bill.
Will you let healthcare be taken away from Americans by just a few votes? Do you pledge to take 15 minutes to call the Senate? Share your thoughts on healthcare in American in our Comments Section.