Dairy Free Vegan Gluten Free
This is a vegan take on the classic Nicoise Salad. It is the most famous of all French salads and is named after the City of Nice in France. Nicoise salad usually contains tuna and anchovies, tomatoes, black olives, garlic. Oftentimes this salad also contains green beans and potatoes. When I make a Nicoise Salad I always include tomatoes, potatoes and green beans. Sometimes I add capers or other veggies.
Replace the tuna and anchovies with a vegan tuna or tofu. Or,if you are a meat eater, add tuna ,hard boiled eggs or anything else you’d like because you are making it your way! Enjoy!
1 large head romaine lettuce, washed,dried and chopped. Or use a bag of mixed salad greens or a bag arugula,washed and dried
1 cup black olives
1 sliced cucumber
Handful Sugar Snap Peas
Handful cherry tomatoes
2 cups green beans, steamed
1-2 potatoes, sliced thin and boiled in salt water until just fork tender
1 can canellini beans, rinsed and drained – or beans of your choosing.
Fresh Herbs of choice
Salt and Pepper to taste
½ tablespoon finely minced shallot or scallion
½ tablespoon Dijon Style mustard
(check to make sure it is dairy free. Some
mustards contain milk)
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 tablespoon wine vinegar
1/3 to ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste, fresh herbs
1. Make dressing by combining ingredients in a small jar or bowl. Whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
2. Wash and dry the greens. Lay on a large platter and place the rest of the ingredients creatively on top of the greens. Drizzle the dressing over the top. Garnish with fresh herbs. Serve and enjoy!
What’s your favorite Summer salad? Share in our Comments section for a chance to be featured on the website!
If you like this recipe please share it to friends on social media and via email.
DairyFreeGina is a self-taught vegan cook who is allergic to milk and lamb and eats gluten free
Copyright DairyFreeGina. All recipes, photographs, and articles on this site, unless otherwise noted, are my original creations. Please ask permission and give credit if you’d like to use any content via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chopped OR 1 bag mixed salad greens or salad greens of your choosing,
- 1/2 bag arugula, washed and dried
- 1 cup black olives Add more if desired
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 handful sugar snap peas
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinse and drained — or beans of your choosing.
- handful fresh Herbs of choice
- salt and pepper to taste
- handful cherry tomatoes
- 1-2 potatoes, sliced very thinly and boiled in salted water until just fork tender
- 2 cups green beans, steamed
- Dressing : ½ tablespoon finely minced shallot or scallion, ½ tablespoon Dijon Style mustard (check to make sure it is dairy free. Some mustards contain milk), 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice, 1 tablespoon wine vinegar, 1/3 to ½ cup extra virgin olive oil ,Salt and pepper to taste, fresh herbs
- Make dressing by combinging dressing ingreients in a small jar or bowl . Whisk to combine. Taste and adjust seasonings if needed.
- Wash and dry the greens. Lay on a large platter and place the rest of the ingredients creatively on top of the greens. Drizzle the dressing over the top. Serve and enjoy!