Dairy Free Vegan Gluten Free
This salad has Summer written all over it!! It’s the perfect salad to serve when berries are fresh and in season. Plus this salad offers fiber, numerous vitamins and antioxidants Use it as a side dish or a meal- either way it makes a beautiful, colorful presentation and is healthy too! Perfect for breakfast, lunch, dinner or brunch ! Plus it’s dairy free, vegan and gluten free.
1 cup strawberries, washed and sliced
1 cup blueberries, washed
1 8- ounce bag fresh spinach
1 small red onion, diced
1 cup pecans, chopped and lightly toasted
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon agave
1 teaspoon sweet curry powder
Ground pepper to taste
1. Lightly toast pecans in a dry sauté pan. You will know that they are done when you get the first hint of their rich aroma.
2. Put the spinach in a bowl. Top with the onion and arrange the berries and pecans on top of the spinach and around the bowl.
3. Mix dressing ingredients in a jar and pour over the salad. Toss and enjoy!
What’s your favorite Summer salad? Share in our Comments section for a chance to be featured on the website!
If you like this recipe please share it to friends on social media and via email.
Copyright DairyFreeGina. All recipes, photographs, and articles on this site, unless otherwise noted, are my original creations. Please ask permission and give credit if you’d like to use any content via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Berry Good Salad
- 1 cup Strawberries, washed and sliced
- 1 cup Blueberries, washed
- 1 8-ounce bag Fresh spinach, washed and dried
- 1 small Red onion, diced
- 1 cup Pecans , chopped and lightly toasted
- Dressing:2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, 1 tablespoon agave,1 teaspoon sweet curry powder, Ground pepper to taste
- Lightly toast pecans in a dry sauté pan. You will know that they are done when you get the first hint of their rich aroma
- Put the spinach in a bowl. Top with the onion and arrange the berries and pecans on top of the spinach and around the bowl.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a jar and pour over the salad. Toss and enjoy!