DAIRY FREE VEGAN GLUTEN FREE
This dish is perfect when you need some comfort food in the morning. Top with a dollop of dairy-free yogurt, maple syrup, more fresh berries and you’re ready to go for the day. This can be made ahead and leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator and eaten all week. This baked oatmeal also makes for a nice, cold treat when you are craving something slightly sweet.
Studies show oats and oatmeal have many health benefits including weight loss, lower blood sugar levels, and a reduced risk of heart disease. Oats are high in fiber and protein, amino acids, and loaded with vitamins.
1 large egg – I use the flaxseed method to make this vegan: Whisk1 tablespoon with 2 tablespoons warm water and let sit a few minutes to gel
2 cups coconut milk, or dairy free milk of your choice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
3 cups gluten-free quick cooking oats. (This can be made with regular oats if you do not have issues with gluten)
1/4 cup brown sugar(omit or reduce if you are cutting back on sugar)
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
Handful of chopped nuts, your choice. I generally use pecans or walnuts for this recipe.
Beat the egg in a medium sized bowl and whisk in the coconut milk, agave, cinnamon, vanilla.
What’s your favorite breakfast food? Share in the comments section.
@DairyFreeGina Please do not reproduce, sell recipe or publish this recipe without the written permission of DairyFreeGina
DairyFreeGina is allergic to milk and lamb, and eats vegan and gluten free. Gina is a life long fitness enthusiast, runner and dancer who is passionate about talking food, nutrition, health and exercise. Gina loves cats big and small, calls Disney World her 2nd home– and often blogs on these topics too
- 1 large egg – I use the flaxseed method to make this vegan. Whisk 1 tablespoon with 2 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups 2 cups coconut milk, or dairy free milk of your choice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cook oats oatmeal, gluten free
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon agave or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 handful chopped nuts, your choice. I generally use pecans or walnuts for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and coat an 8-inch square glass baking dish with cooking spray (make sure it's dairy free)
- Beat the egg in a medium sized bowl and whisk in the coconut milk, agave, cinnamon, vanilla. In another bowl, combine the oats, the brown sugar and toss to combine. Pour the milk combo over the oats. Stir in the blueberries and nuts. Spread the mixture onto the prepared baking dish. Top with more blueberries and nuts .
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly golden on top and cooked throughout. Serve warm or at room temperature