My Fresh Cranberry Sauce is a wonderful and easy way to make cranberry sauce for the holidays. Skip that canned jellied stuff from the store. Who knows what’s in that mystery jelly anyway. This recipe is fresh and oh so delicious, plus naturally dairy and gluten free.
It takes just a few ingredients to make this fresh cranberry sauce, a food processor, and it’s raw so no cooking needed. Plus, you can make this cranberry sauce several days ahead of when want to serve it, just keep refrigerated in an air tight container.
I make this cranberry sauce every year for Thanksgiving – a big batch of it! It is excellent after Thanksgiving as a topping on cereal or oatmeal. It can be made several days ahead and the nuts can be omitted if allergic to nuts .
And cranberries offer many health benefits. Cranberries are high in antioxidants and have anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory effects. Plus cranberries are high in vitamins C, A, K and others.
2 pounds fresh cranberries, washed
2 large oranges- discard seeds
½ cup brown sugar or more to taste
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1. Combine cranberries and oranges, with some rind, in a food processor and process until still chunky.
2. Pour into a bowl and fold in brown sugar. Mix until well combined. Taste and add more sugar if needed. Chill before serving.
- 2 pounds fresh cranberries, washed
- 2 large oranges- discard seeds but keep some rind cut into segments
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (more or less depending on taste )
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Combine cranberries and oranges, with some rind, in a food processor and process until still chunky
- Pour into a bowl and fold in brown sugar and walnuts. Mix until well combined. Taste and add more sugar if needed. Chill before serving.
What’s the easiest recipe you’ve ever made? Share in our Comments section.
Copyright @DairyFreeGina . Do not reproduce, sell, or use for print purposes without the written permission of DairyFreeGina.
DairyFreeGina is allergic to milk and lamb, and eats vegan and gluten free. Gina is a life long fitness enthusiast, runner and dancer who is passionate about talking food, nutrition, health and exercise. Gina loves cats big and small, calls Disney World her 2nd home– and often blogs on these topics too